Did you guess it correctly? “Season Two” of The Bias List‘s K-Pop A-Z feature kicks off tomorrow morning with the music of EXO!
Over the next few months, I’ll be reviewing every song from EXO’s discography — one song a day, in alphabetical order.
Though I don’t mention them as much as I used to, EXO were a vital part of my burgeoning K-pop obsession. Their 2012 debut cemented my love for idol groups, and it’s been exciting to watch them climb to the top of the industry over the years. Though even casual fans are likely familiar with their singles, the group has a diverse, fascinating catalog of album tracks to dive into. If you’re already intimately familiar with EXO’s music, this will be a chance for us to compare opinions. If not, consider this an opportunity to take the deep dive.
Before we start, here are a couple of ground rules:
1. If I’ve already reviewed a song on this site, I’m not going to review it again — even if my thoughts have changed since the initial rating.
2. Sub-units and solos will not be included, unless they’re part of a group album.
3. Japanese releases and holiday albums are fair game.
4. When a song exists in multiple languages (Korean/Mandarin for EXO K & M), I’ll be reviewing the Korean version.
5. No remixes or stage mixes, though I may mention them if warranted.